Joshua Harr Shane Foundation strives to make a difference when disaster strikes. We provide individual families with help by replacing items that are lost, including gift cards, food, cleaning supplies, needed appliances, clothing, household items, and whatever else is necessary to help during this difficult time.
Restore Our Shore
After hurricane Sandy Union Beach, a Jersey Shore town, was hit extremely hard. Over 85% of their homes were destroyed. We tried to make a difference. Clothing and other necessities were donated to Union Beach as well as other shore towns.
Restore Our Shore was a Campaign under the Joshua Harr Shane Foundation that provided grants to 501c-3 nonprofit to restore the Jersey Shore. Every 2 weeks grants up to $5000 were donated to help make a difference. Joshua Harr Shane Foundation provided grants to rebuild the Jersey Shore to the following 501c nonprofits.
- OCEAN CITY C.A.R.E. clean up and recovery effort
- BELMAR FIRST AID SQUAD for the purchase of communication equipment
- MERCY CITY food pantry
- St PAUL’S UNITED METHODIST CHURCH for commercial ovens in order to provide meals for those displaced
- UNION BEACH FIRST AID SQUAD to replace oxygen tanks
- SEA BRIGHT RISING
- U NEED HELP
- ALLIANCE FOR A LIVING OCEAN-clean up supplies
- INTERFAITH NEIGHBORS to replace meals on wheels truck
- MONMOUTH BEACH FIRE COMPANY to replace ice/water rescue suits
- TOMS RIVER PEOPLE’S PANTRY
Approximately $80,000 was raised from after the storm through Memorial Day. There were no costs involved with this program. The small costs that were incurred were covered by JHSF.